Ya Hoooo Kayla's on the Mend

I had a wonderful sight this morning as I watched the dogs play outside, Kayla was tearing around the yard chasing the puppy!!  I know she is supposed to take it easy but I couldn't resist watching her in full action she looked like she was in her glory.  She is on the mend thank goodness.  We still have about two weeks of antibiotics and another vet visit but fingers crossed she just keeps getting better.  Right now shes approx 31 lbs of loving action... she's going to be mad that I gave away her weight... She has a vet appt coming up so I'll have all the deets from that to share soon.

Kayla has been licking her feet lately and she has one in the back that seems to be bugging the most (although it didn't seem to be an issue this morning).  I have been having a hard time getting the two ladies outside for pee breaks and mentioned this to the vet she suggested throwing a bit of kibble out side to intice them.  Its worked and they look like little pigs looking for truffles...lol

Sniff, sniff, sniff....
 As for her feet we have been giving her foot soaks with epsome salts to help it was my daughters task to take care of that.  Of course the bathtub is the last place she wants to be....
Mamma why did you do this to me.....


This look should work on the Katie girl to get me out of here....
 I think the soaks are helping but she still seems to be licking so I had to resort to the baby sock treatment....


Oh. the. shame.
 For the next two weeks we are going to try to keep her resting and relaxed giving her body the down time it needs to repair herself.  The puppy is going to another foster home for awhile so Kayla will be the main focus.  But the little firecracker may be back....


The Dude hanging out with the girlies.
 So for now Kayla is getting getting better and being prepared for her potential furever family  This girl is ready for some crazy runs in big yards and lots of love.

Take care
Sonia

Comments

  1. So apparently Google Reader took you off my list for a few days but then popped you back in because suddenly I had a whole slew of posts to catch up on!

    Sorry to hear about Kayla's KC but at least she's getting back on her feet. What a way to spend Christmas eve, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know .... the emergency vet is crazy bananas!! I read that you had your visit too. Not a happy place for pets or owners. It's so scary how dogs can go down hill in a matter of minutes then suddenly they perk up again sometimes. Kayla dragged herself over to the vet to meet her crazy (but sweet) dog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts