It Can Happen in a Second

My hands are still shaking from what happened about an hour ago.  I know I said I would post about my huge learning experiences but this one I can't believe....

We have a large back yard and the dogs go out there to run around and play.  The first week I was out there with them to make sure play didn't get rough or nasty.  The second week I was ok watching from the windows to keep an eye on them.  This is still a precaution because even though there has been no incidents it could still happen.  So today I got out of the shower and then let the dogs out.  I'm standing in the back room watching them.  The phone rings so I answer it and its the Mister, we're chatting and I look out the window and I see Kayla swimming in the pool!!  I yell in the phone Kaylas in the pool and drop the phone while I tear out of the house with nothing on but my robe.  I'm barefoot looking like a wild woman calling Kayla she swims over to me and I haul her out.  Her front legs buckle under her and shes shivering uncontrollably. 

At this point I go into what I call the Mominator mode where emotions are not there and the mind is sharp, actions are not even thought about it just gets done.  I scoop her up run in the house reassuring her that shes ok.  Meanwhile the mister is still listening on the phone..... up to the tub with some warm water and then wrap her up on blankets.  Shes still shivering so I call the vet.  In case you didn't know how to warm a dog up you make sure they are dry and then cover them with a towel and then use a blow dryer to heat them up.  After awhile she stopped shivering so much and when I asked her if she wanted a treat she zoomed upstairs.... then it all hit me.  I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  Kayla on the other hand is fine and is enjoying her free couch time with blankets.
All cozied up in the blanket.

Hmmmm a little deeper in here....

Ahhhh nice and warm.
One of lifes lessons my friends a lot can happen in a second.... oh and one other thing to keep in mind the vet asked me to take her temperature and I didn't have a plain thermometer I only have the ones you stick in your ear.  Something to think about if you have pets.

I going to take a nap now the adrenaline has worn off and I'm sleepy. 

Until next time
Sonia

Comments

Popular Posts