Housetraining and Other Tidbits....

Our lovely foster girl Kayla is doing great!!

 We are house training at this point but its going well.  I have to say the mishaps we have had lately have been my fault I've missed her signs.... I have always believed that when house training dogs it's a 50/50 affair.  We humans also have to pick up on the dogs signs and habits.  I now know that Kayla needs to go out 20 mins max after eating, 30 secs more and she finds the spot she likes to go (on the stone in front of our fireplace...) and voila presents for foster human.  She also has a very tiny whine that she will do to let me know.  She has not messed her crate at all, like I said she's a great girl.



This is the "please let me up on the furniture look..."




She does have some very endearing qualities, she snores.  She has this little lady like snore that we hear coming from her crate when we watch TV in the evening very cute....

She loves to snuggle.  Ok, we keep her off the furniture for the bulk of the time but if she has been a good girl she gets to come up in the evening and snuggle with us in the couch.  She gets right in there and falls asleep, gets me every time...

She also has integrated herself very quickly here my husband commented yesterday that shes been here a total of three nights and she already seems to be part of the routine.  I think she may be a bit too familiar, hmmmmm
Ummm, excuse me your cut off, you have had too much to drink young Lady!!


Yes, we have discouraged this behavior.  Bleccch

She and the kids are really enjoying each other she is very comfortable around the noise and bustle that kids can cause.  We have not experienced any "mouthing" from her when she plays with them yet.  I guess she saves that for her foster brother Windigo she likes to hang on to his back leg....
Ahhh I just looooove kisses from the Katie girl!!


Windigo is very good with Kayla, so much so I have a whole new appreciation for him.  He has put Kayla in her place, but with a growl or a bark and that's it.  When they play he lets her get the upper hand for a minute and just when I think I'll have to jump in and tell her to back off he flips her over and holds her down for a second to let her know that he is still keeping control of this situation.  It makes me smile just watching them play.  I make a point of taking Windy on our special walks without Kayla to let him run in the bush lot near our home.  Its his time to be free and have the humans all to himself. 
When it comes to sticks size does matter....

Kayla does come to me for attention often and I have to resist picking her up and snuggling all day.  I have more than once told her, after I have given her a pat on the head, to go play with Windy or with her toys.  She adores being part of the familial unit that's for sure.

This is what the view from behind me looks like most of the day....
Kayla hanging out on the dog bed and Windy taking full advantage of the fact he gets to sit in the chair..... seriously, what a pair...lol

Kayla will be a wonderful addition to a busy but loving family, even ones with cats!!  If you live outside of Ontario please contact Bullies in Need  http://bulliesinneed.ca/ if you are interested in adopting this lovely little lady. 

Take care
Sonia

Comments

Popular Posts