The First Day

Here are some first impressions of how its going with Kayla.  I know its been less than a full day but being a first time foster I'm a little excited....

Kayla has yet to bark, I've heard minor whining but no bark.
She loves to play but not rough.
She likes her crate she freely goes there for naps and for feeding.  She spent the night in her crate and she was good.  She woke up at 5:30 no ruckus but you could hear her rustling around.
She comes to her name and sits!!  She is having the occasional accident in the house but I think this will be rectified shortly she does catch on fast. 
Really good with the kids, loves attention and affection.  She was letting my daughter wipe her nose this morning ...lol  (she has a minor cold)


She was spayed last weekend and she has the dreaded shaved hair itch....
Taken from behind, because you know, shes a lady


I think most of us can sympathize.....

I have to stop her from teeth scratching I've warned her the dreaded cone of shame may have to come out. 

Windigo the resident dog has handled things well except for one teeth cleaning chewie thing... there was some growling about this....



Do not touch my chewie tooth thingie... got it kid?







Its all good we have this worked out now.  To make things up between them he offered up his grotty old over sized tennis ball.  I guess it the thought that counts right?

This is open for sharing ....

To finish up the experience she got a bath, not exactly a spa girl, but she survived.



I tried not to laugh but holy smokes she put on the Oscar winning performance... shivering and acting like she was made out of spun sugar.  She recovered about 30 seconds of exiting the tub shaking and giving me an excuse to wash my floor.

She's a great puppy and I can't wait to see her blossom to her full potential. 

Until next time my friends,

Sonia













Comments

Popular Posts